We are seeking a Communications Specialist to join our dynamic team to assist in the growth of the firm through promotion and marketing activities.
The candidate shall be an experienced marketing professional with an understanding of the AEC industry considered a plus. He/She shall have demonstrated track record of success in communications and marketing. Skill in executing a company communications plan is a must as this position will manage content across various marketing channels to enhance the brand awareness and thought leadership position of the firm. The candidate will be expected to bring great communications skills, a positive attitude, strong project management, and creativity to DLA+.
The position will report to the Director of Marketing and Business Development.
DLA+ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Primary Duties
- Assist in researching, writing, editing, designing and producing of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations, award submissions, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the development of annual communications plan including annual editorial calendar and content distribution via internal and external media/marketing channels, identify firm thought leadership/stories to support business plan, evaluate all relevant platforms and development of content in support internal and external communications.
- Gather, format and maintain accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate with key clients, project teams, and principals for project milestone publicity opportunities (announcements, groundbreakings, dedications, honors).
- Maintain and execute weekly content calendar for all media/marketing channels (social media, media pitches, website).
- Assist in creating content, updating and maintaining the website relative to projects, bios, news, blog (View Points), and other modifications.
- Coordinate, write and/or edit company-wide announcements via newsletters, SharePoint, and other for internal communications.
- Oversee photography shoots (planning and coordination) and management of projects and staff images
- Update firmwide CRM Database with project, proposal information, and vendor/company/client information on an ongoing basis and insure accuracy of information.
- Assist in the development of client relations program and project surveys.
- Required Skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent technical writing and editing capabilities in various capacities/across multiple channels
- Experience as a Brand Ambassador
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media platforms
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat) preferred
- CRM database management experience
- Basic CMS experience is beneficial
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience (preferably in the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field; additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) membership desired
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Long and Short-Term disability insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Performance based bonuses
- Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.