Retail Market Sector Architect and Program Manager
Join our dynamic firm as a leading Architect and Program Manager to help maintain and expand our successful practice in the retail market sector. Discover opportunities for leadership and growth.
We seek an experienced architect with solid understanding of the retail market and expertise in technical documentation and construction oversight of projects of various size and scope which may include food markets, convenience stores, fuel stations, cafés, and others. Good design sense will be an important asset to the position as our clients will solicit our advice in developing new building prototypes and promoting their brands through facility design. The successful candidate will provide day to day team leadership, document and manage multiple projects, and will be responsible for the projects’ production, coordination, and delivery. Strong communication abilities are essential for this position as this professional will interface with multiple client agents and will be responsible for overall client satisfaction. It is expected that she/he will bring creativity, positive energy, strong technical and leadership skills to this role, and foster an environment of accountability, excellence, and collaboration. The position will report to the Principal in Charge (Relationship Manager) for particular clients.
- Primary Duties
- Establish project production plan.
- Project startup and layout, general arrangement and building assembly, detailing.
- Provide direction to and coordination with project team.
- Coordinate with Client’s agents.
- Product and systems research.
- Obtain building department and health department permits.
- Construction contract administration.
- Assist in or lead the LEED certification process.
- Assist with fee proposal and project financial management.
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated professional experience in retail/food service projects.
- Professional registration is required. Registration in Pennsylvania is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of BIM (REVIT and AutoCAD).
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to competently direct project production.
- Proficient knowledge of building construction methods and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of building codes and accessibility codes.
- Proficient knowledge of engineering disciplines.
- Outstanding technical ability.
- Design skills.
- Knowledge of LEED or LEED AP credentials are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Long and Short-Term disability insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Discretionary and performance based bonuses
DLA+ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.