Berks Campus Beaver Community Center Study
Penn State University Berks Campus hired DLA+ to conduct a feasibility study for the renovation and addition of the Beaver Community Center building.
- TOP PROJECTS
- 9th and Penn Building
- PennWest Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- SouthSide Works Office Building
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls
- Monongalia County Ballpark
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Berks Campus Beaver Community Center Study
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- The Pennsylvania State University
- Completion Date
- June 2016
- 28,060 SF
Project Challenges and Outcome
The existing 28,060 GSF building constructed in 1980, no longer adequately serves the needs of the campus. DLA+ was asked to validate the appropriateness of the building and site for a renovation and addition. Design considerations included the campus master plan, existing utilities, zoning requirements and site conditions.
The study determined the feasibility of renovating and adding an addition to meet the needs of the athletic, club, intramural and Kinesiology Department programs. The project team developed a comprehensive program, selected a preferred option for implementation and validated the preliminary program for the building. The resulting study provided the University with the optimum massing and location for the building addition and its relationship to the existing building and the site, estimated project costs, a phasing plan, and renderings for fundraising for the project.