Petersen Sports Complex
- Architect of Record
- LR Kimball
- University of Pittsburgh
- DLA+ Staff Role
- Chris Haupt, AIA - Sports Practice Leader and Principal in Charge
- Completion Date
- Project Size
- 30,000 SF (supporting buildings – vending, locker rooms, etc.) / 900 seats for the softball field, 1000 seats for the baseball and soccer fields
Project Challenges and Outcomes
900 seats for the softball field, 1000 seats for the baseball and soccer fields. The Petersen Sports Complex highlights include:
- Baseball Stadium: includes hitting and pitching practice areas, team dugouts and a press box. Synthetic grass allows the Panthers to play and practice throughout the year, while the lighting allows for evening games.
- Softball Stadium: has a skinned infield with an artificial grass outfield, as well as hitting and pitching practice areas. The stadium has lighting, team dugouts and a press box.
- Soccer Stadium: is a practice and competition venue, complete with a synthetic grass field, lighting and a press box.