Recreation Hall, Wrestling and Student Fitness Center
Members of the DLA+ helped Penn State University enhance their facilities at Recreation Hall.
- TOP PROJECTS
- 9th and Penn Building
- PennWest Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- SouthSide Works Office Building
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls
- Monongalia County Ballpark
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Berks Campus Beaver Community Center Study
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- Architect of Record
- LR Kimball
- Pennsylvania State University
- DLA+ Staff Role
- Chris Haupt, AIA - Principal-in-Charge and Sports Practice Leader
- Completion Date
- September 2006
- Project Size
- 48,000 SF
- Project Cost
- $14.3 million
Project Challenges and Outcomes
Penn State University needed to add a new student fitness center, aerobics/dance studio, upgrade training facilities for all athletic sports (athletic training and strength training) and a new varsity wrestling training facility to the 1960’s additions of Recreation Hall.
The project included a 20,000 SF fitness center and 28,500 SF of renovations for an athletic and wrestling complex to the historic Recreation Hall Building.
The project goals were to provide a new image to the west campus, a link from the west campus to the main campus, and enhance recruiting and retention of student and student athletes.