Tech Tower Innovation Hub - Two PNC
DLA+ was retained by The PNC Financial Services Group to design the Innovation Hub at Tech Tower in downtown Pittsburgh.
- TOP PROJECTS
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls: Martin Hall
- Petersen Events Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- PNC Bank, Two PNC Plaza
- University of Pittsburgh Willis Academic Support Center Renovation
- The Club at Nevillewood Expansion and Renovations
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- University of Pittsburgh Football Wet Area Renovation
- Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- The PNC Financial Services Group
- Interior Design
- Construction Administration
- Completion Date
- April 2019
- Project Size
- 15,470 SF
Project Challenges and Outcomes
PNC’s mission was to renovate the floor to create an innovative and experimental space for all employees to conduct work sessions, customer research, idea generation, and prototyping.
The Innovation Hub includes war rooms, collaborative spaces, development and testing spaces, quiet zones, and team specific neighborhoods. Large group collaboration areas have moveable furniture and white boards to fit the task at hand. The open agile development space are collaborative areas with desks, seating, and whiteboards where teams can brainstorm and develop prototypes. Usability testing rooms are outfitted in one-way glass and video equipment for observation. There is also a common area with a kitchenette and private phone rooms for employees.
Overall, the space encompasses human-centered design techniques. The resulting Innovation Hub fosters a creative and collaborative atmosphere for PNC employees.