Goucher College Athletic Master Plan
DLA+ (as the Sports Facility Consultant), with the collaborative team of G+P Architects and Blackburn Architects was hired to provide services for an Athletic Master Plan for Goucher College, located in Towson, Maryland.
- TOP PROJECTS
- 9th and Penn Building
- Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- SouthSide Works Office Building
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls
- Monongalia County Ballpark
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Berks Campus Beaver Community Center Study
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- Goucher College
- Teaming Partner
- Architect of Record - Grimm + Parker
- Sports Facility Consultant - DLA+ Architecture & Interior Design
- Equestrian Consultant - Blackburn Architects
- Master Planning
Project Challenges and Outcomes
The team was tasked with developing an athletic master plan on an evolving campus for a College with an extensive range of Division III programs and desire to keep and add student recreation facilities. It was important to the College and the Athletic Administration to get both student and student athlete input. The project program components include Swimming & Diving/New Natatorium, New Equestrian Facilities, New Auxiliary Gym, Indoor Multi-Sport, Competition Gym, Athletic Administration, Athletic Training Strength and Conditioning/ Fitness Center, IM Sports/Club Sports, Women’s Volleyball, Support Facilities, and Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track/CC, and Tennis.
To understand user group preferences, the team conducted an online survey to the campus community which would help to establish implementation priorities. Ultimately, the resulting athletic master plan met the goal to provide the College with a flexible road map for a 10-year period. The plan allowed priorities to be adjusted based on donor or sponsorship revenue that can be applied to specific facilities.